I have often been asked what the best and worst part of a career in real estate is. There are so many people who are thinking of a career in this field. I thought it would be great to give a general breakdown of my personal feelings about what is good and bad about a career in this field. Hopefully it will shed some light on if a career in real estate is right for you.
Best part of being a realtor:
1. Working with people. Helping them to find that perfect home.
2. Setting my own schedule.
3. Being in charge of how successful I become.
4. Endless possibilities in the amount of money I can make.
5. Having a family life.
6. Being able to network by doing the things I love.
7. I meet some great people.
Worst part of being a realtor:
1. Deals that go bad because of situations I can’t control.
2. Seeing a client not end up with the home they fell in love with.
3. The climb to make a decent living.
4. Keeping records of expenses, mileage etc…
5. Hearing stories of people losing homes or having trouble being approved for one.
Really that is all I could come up with. ultimately, I love my career. I wake up each day excited to work. I feel so lucky to have found a career that makes me feel so good.
I hope that this article puts some of the ups and downs of being a realtor in better perspective if you are trying to decide if real estate is the right career for you.